The SmartServer Rebuild action on the Devices widget ( ) should not be used.
The following steps describe how to back up and replace a SmartServer IoT, as well as verify operations.
Backup the SmartServer that is being replaced using the Storage widget → BACKUP button → BACKUP SYSTEM option. See the Backing Up the System or Database section in the Backing Up, Restoring, and Cloning the SmartServer section.
Saving the apollo password
You should save the apollo password for any backed-up SmartServer system image. If you restore a system image onto a new SmartServer, then that SmartServer will have its password changed to the old SmartServer's password (from the image file).
- Remove all U60s from a replacement SmartServer, and if you are only restoring the database, then re-image the SmartServer with the same release as the SmartServer from which the backup was created.
- Replace the SmartServer from step 1 with the new SmartServer from step 2.
- Insert the U60s into the new SmartServer.
Restore the backup created in step 1 using the Storage widget → RESTORE button → SYSTEM tab. See the Restoring the System or Database section in the Backing Up, Restoring, and Cloning the SmartServer section.
This feature overwrites the new SmartServer's Serial Number, Host Name, MAC Addresses, Install Code, Segment ID (SID), and apollo password.
- If you are using LON Independent Management Mode (IMM), verify operations by following the instructions in the Testing LON IMM section below, otherwise continue with the next step.
- Test the SmartServer (see Testing Devices and Managing Datapoints) using the Devices widget.
- Test an edge device (see Testing Devices and Managing Datapoints) using the Devices widget.
Testing LON IMM
- Using the IzoT Commissioning Tool or other tool, open the drawing:
Example IzoT CT Drawing
- Open the IP-852 Configuration Server, click on the Channel menu bar at the top of the screen and select Update Members.
Make sure that the PC and the SmartServer are green after the update members routine.
- Replace the SmartServer IP-852 router and its native LON routers.
- Right-click each router and device shape, click Manage, and then click Test.
If not working, reprovision the SmartServer IP-852 router and its native LON routers, and repeat the test.