The CMS Settings button Export/Import feature is available with SmartServer 2.7 Update 1 and higher.
For SmartServer 3.5 and higher, see Exporting and Importing a SmartServer Configuration.
The workflow in this section describes how to replicate a SmartServer IoT system using file exports using the SmartServer CMS Settings button (). This button provides the ability to export and import a SmartServer configuration. Replicating a SmartServer using the CMS Export action allows you to create a zip file of the SmartServer configuration (including the device list, as well as device type, DLA, connection, etc. files), which can be imported into your SmartServer. The CMS Export zip file does not have all of the SmartServer configuration information, therefore, you may also need to export some CMS widgets files, or SCP other files, in order to duplicate the SmartServer configuration.
You can use the CMS Export feature to export the configuration from one SmartServer, make any modifications, and then import some or all of the files to your SmartServer. You can import the SmartServer configuration (such as devices, device types, DLA, connection, etc. files) using the SmartServer CMS Settings button Import action.
You can also export/import SmartServer configuration files individually. See Replicating a SmartServer with Individual Device Files for more information.
This section consists of the following:
|Table of Contents
The table below shows the most common SmartServer configuration files that may need to be exported. While the exports are not strictly order dependent, the import order can affect the SmartServer configuration. For example, either the device types or CMS export can be exported first, however, the devices types file must be imported before the CMS export file. Therefore, it is recommended to use the import order shown in the table below.
Since not all SmartServers use all of the features shown below, you only need to perform the steps that apply to the features you are using. For example, if you are not using BACnet then you can skip step 2.
The following table provides the export/import order (you can skip steps for features not being used):
|Device Types widget
|BACnet BAC Datapoint Discovery Files
CMS Settings button ()
|Internal Device conf file
|Home Page (SmartServer Landing page)
|Custom Web Pages
|/var/apollo/www/user (or other /var/Apollo/www folders)
Replicating a SmartServer with a CMS Export File
The sections that follow describe the necessary steps to replicate a SmartServer IoT system configuration using the Settings feature.
- Exporting Device Types
- Exporting SmartServer Files Using the Settings Button
- Resetting and Updating the SmartServer
- Configuring the SmartServer
- Importing Device Types
- Importing SmartServer Files Using the Settings Button
Exporting Device Types
Export device types using the Device Types widget. See the Defining Device Types section for more information.
Exporting SmartServer Files Using the Settings Button
You can use the CMS Export feature to export the configuration from one SmartServer and make any modifications if necessary. You can then import some or all of the files to your SmartServer. To export a SmartServer configuration, perform the following steps:
- Open the SmartServer CMS/wiki/spaces/TEMP/pages/44041710.
- Click the Settings button ().
- Select the Export action.
The Export dialog box appears.
- Select the segment controller.
- Click EXPORT.
A zip file is created and stored on your PC containing the SmartServer configuration files.
- Make any necessary modifications to the configuration files.
- See the Resetting the System to Defaults Using the Configuration Page in the Resetting the SmartServer to Factory Defaults section for more information on how to reset the SmartServer.
- See the Updating or Re-imaging the SmartServer Software section for more information and update procedures.
Configure your SmartServer system using the Configuration pages. See the Configure Your SmartServer section for more information.
- If you are using the SmartServer Starter Kit, refer to the SmartServer IoT Starter Kit User's Guide for more information on how to set up the network configuration as well as Modbus and BACnet devices. Otherwise, skip this step.
- If you have any Modbus RTU devices, then you need to configure the RS-485 Configuration page. See (Optional) Add a Modbus RTU Interface for more information on Modbus RTU setup. Otherwise, skip this step.
- If you have any BAC files (used for BACnet devices), then you need to configure the BACnet Configuration page. See (Optional) Setting up BACnet/wiki/spaces/TEMP/pages/44960291 for more information on BACnet setup. Otherwise, skip this step.
- If you are using Custom Web pages, you may also need to rename login1.html to login.html.
Continue the SmartServer configuration replication process following the steps in the Importing Device Types section below.
Importing Device Types
Import device types using the Device Types widget. See the Defining Device Types section for more information.
Continue your SmartServer setup by provisioning devices and importing any other necessary files.
Replicating a SmartServer with Individual Device Files
You can replicate a SmartServer with individual device files if have not exported your SmartServer configuration using the Settings button. To replicate a SmartServer with individual device files, perform the following steps:
- Export all device types from the Device Types widget to create a DeviceTypesArchive.dtp. See the Defining Device Types section for more information.
- Export all devices from the Devices widget. See the Discovering, Defining, or Importing Devices section for more information.
- Reset and update the SmartServer using the System Configuration page. See the Resetting and Updating the SmartServer section for more information.
- Configure the SmartServer using the Configuration pages. See the Configuring the SmartServer section for more information.
Import all device types (i.e., DeviceTypesArchive.dtp) from the Device Types widget. See the Defining Device Types section for more information.
If you reset your system to defaults or re-imaged the SmartServer software, and you are using the VAV controller (VAV sim device) with the SmartServer Starter Kit and Node-RED, you also need to import the following files from the Lon Channel.dtp.zip (available from the Starter Kit archive → LON Channel folder) in the order shown below using the Device Types widget:
If you are using BACnet BAC Datapoint Discovery Files and did not import a BAC file before running device discovery, the SmartServer automatically creates the BAC file. In this case, there will be a BAC file for each discovered device. You can add these device types (.dtp file) that were exported from the Device Types widget, or import them using Device Types widget.
- Import all devices from the Devices widget. See the Discovering, Defining, or Importing Devices section for more information.
- Continue your SmartServer setup by provisioning devices and importing any other necessary files.
- Settings button () – see Exporting SmartServer Files Using the Settings Button
- Device Types (Device Types widget) – see Defining Device Types
- Devices (Device widget) – see Discovering, Defining, or Importing Devices
- Contexts (Planning widget) – see Defining Contexts/wiki/spaces/TEMP/pages/43815838
- Node-RED Flows (Sequence widget) – see Creating Sequence of Operations and SmartServer IoT Node-RED Tutorial