This section consists of the following topics:
Using the LEDs
You can use the IOX LEDs to get an overview of the IOX status and operation. The following figure and table display and describes these LEDs.
Using the Buttons
You can use the IOX buttons to reset and connect the IOX. The following table describes these buttons.
Press this button to reset the IOX and to 1477844 in combination with the Connect button.
Press this button to publish the IOX Persistent Data Store (PDS) data to the MQTT broker.
Performing a Factory Reset
It is necessary to perform a factory reset in an IOX replacement scenario when an old device is replaced with a new one in order to delete configuration files saved in the filesystem. A factory reset can be performed manually using the IOX buttons, or through a telnet session using the iox_reset command.
To perform a factory reset manually using the IOX buttons, follow the steps below.
- Press and hold the Reset button.
- Press and hold the Connect button.
- Release the Reset button.
- Wait 10 seconds.
- Release the Connect button.
- Perform a wink action to verify device operations. Wink action is described in Identifying and Testing a Device, on page Testing Devices and Managing Datapoints.