This section consists of the following:
The SmartServer IoT Starter Kit is shipped with the following accessories:
- (2) aluminum feet
- (2) ¼”x 20 TPI thumb screws
- (3) power sources
- (1) power cord
- (1) 3-outlet power strip
- (1) USB-A to Micro USB-B cable (console cable)
- (1) CAT-6 Ethernet drop
To setup the Starter Kit hardware, perform the following steps:
- Gently remove the Starter Kit from the carrying case.
- Open the accessory box that is found in the carrying case under the Starter Kit.
- Attach the aluminum feet using the provided ¼”x 20 TPI knob screws to the bottom of the Starter Kit panel as shown in the figure below. Newer versions use a 1/4-20 flange wing nut instead of threading inserts.
Included with the SmartServer IoT Starter Kit are three necessary power sources as follows:
- 12 VDC universal input power supply (powers the SmartServer, EnOcean FT 6050 EVB device, and Advantech ADAM-4150)
- 24 VAC (120 VAC Input or 240 VAC Input) power supply (powers the Smart Controls SC 100-MP, Viconics thermostat, and BASRT BACnet MSTP router)
- 5 VDC universal power supply (powers the Ethernet switch, which is mounted on the back of the panel)
The 3-outlet power strip that is provided with the Starter Kit can operate up to 240 VAC.
Warning: The Starter Kit includes two 24 VAC transformers that are clearly marked with the supporting input power voltage. If you use the 120 VAC input supply on a 240 VAC power, you will damage the components powered by this supply.
The photos below show how the power for the devices in the Starter Kit are connected. The 5 VDC power supply connects to the Ethernet switch, which is mounted on the back panel.