You can customize the information displayed by many of the CMS widgets. For widgets that display lists of resources such as device types, devices, datapoints, and datapoint properties, you can customize the list that is displayed with one or more search specifications that filter the contents of the lists to more rapidly find a particular entry in the list.
Widgets that include a search filter have a Set Filters button () at the top of the widget.
This section demonstrates the Datapoints widget Set Filter feature as an example. The Datapoints widget is available with SmartServer 2.5 and higher. Prior to SmartServer 3.4, this widget was called Datapoint Browser.
To set filters, perform the following steps:
- Click the Set Filters button ().
The Set Filters view appears.
Use the dropdown menus to define the search criteria. You can click the Add button ( ) to further refine the search parameters. Refer to the table below for available filter settings.
|Block Index||System specific|
|Block XIF Name||System specific|
- Edge Device
- Segment Controller
- Campus Area
- Floor Area
|Datapoint Type||System specific|
|Datapoint XIF Name||System specific|
- Deprovisioned – devices that are not provisioned
- Down – provisioned devices that are not communicating
- Marginal – devices with marginal health status indicating that a failure was reported by the device, typically during provisioning (i.e., the device could be reached but it would not provision due to an error unrelated to communication). For drivers that implement marginal state, this device status is available with SmartServer 3.2.
- Normal – devices that are provisioned with normal health status
- Provisioned – devices that are provisioned (all health status types)
- Provisioning – devices that are being provisioned
- Suspect – provisioned devices that are not communicating
|Device Type||System specific|
|Firmware Version||System specific|
- 1 (Highest), 2, 3,... 16 (Lowest)
|Program ID||System specific|
|Segment Controller||System specific|
- Live – displays real-time data for a datapoint
- Log – displays data logs for datapoints (logging must be enabled using the Datapoint Properties widget in order to view logs)
|Unique ID||System specific|
|XIF Name||System specific|
Click the Add button (
) to add multiple filters to further refine your search.
Click the Remove Filter (
) button next to the specific filter setting to individually remove it.
Click the Remove All Filters (
) button to clear all filter settings.
The example below shows the following filter settings:
Click Apply Filters.
The results below show the filtered display on the Datapoints widget as well as the widget display prior to filtering.
Datapoints widget prior to setting filters
Datapoints widget after setting filters