Use the Zoom button () to focus the map to the desired geographic area. Click the + button to zoom in, or the – button to zoom out.
Use the Edit Mode button () to switch to edit mode.
Use the Reset Filter button () to reset views to the default settings.
Use the Refresh Map button () to refresh the Locations widget.
The features on the right are described in the sections that follow.
Setting the Map View
To set the map display, click the Map View button ()and select one of the following options:
Showing Device Information
To show the device information, click the Show Device Information button () and select one of the following options:
– show devices grouped/ungrouped by segment controller
– show device status (provisioned or deprovisioned). The device status information appears on the map. The SmartServer CMS uses colors to differentiate device state.
Clustering / Declustering Devices
To cluster / decluster devices, click the Cluster Radius button () and use the slider (scale 1-10) to cluster / decluster devices. More devices will appear on the map as the slider number is decreased; devices will appear clustered (grouped) as the slider number is increased. The color of the device cluster indicates alarm status. See Device State Colors for more information.
Showing Devices by Status
To quickly filter and display devices on the map based on their operating status, click the Show Device Status button () and select one of the following filter options:
– show devices that are provisioned
– show devices that are deprovisioned
– show provisioned devices that are down
– show provisioned devices that are not communicating (suspect state)
– show devices that are being provisioned (alternating blue/green colors)
– show devices with marginal health status indicating that a failure was reported by the device, typically during provisioning (i.e., the device could be reached but it would not provision due to an error unrelated to communication). For drivers that implement marginal state, this device status is available with SmartServer 3.2.
The Locations widget provides the ability to perform some general device management operations. To do so, click the desired device on the map and select the action that you want to perform. The actions that are available depend on the device type and state as described in the sections below.
Click the SmartServer device for segment controller management routines as follows: